Monday 30 November 2009

Mailed Pets

I recently made a brand new character on a different server to the one I play on at present mainly to feel what it's like as the Race/Class combo I picked (A Blood Elf Paladin(because I've never EVER made a Paladin before, or a Blood elf! :O)) and when I came to the first inn, I forgot that awaiting me in the mail would be a few pets, so I thought I'd screenshot it and post it on the blog, mainly because there are a few here, and anymore would result on a 2nd page of pets for me for new chars! I'll briefly evaluate each one, and how/why I am getting it mailed to me.

Onyxian Whelpling: Being that at the moment it is the 5th Anniversary for World of Warcraft, we have all been sent this awesome looking Whelp pet, as we did last year, a Blizzard Bear! This isn't unfortunately a permanently mailed pet, as after a specific date, we will stop receiving them, which is a good job to save one on a Bank alt for Example for future use.

Chilly the Penguin: The Battle.net merge has taken place, and we all got mailed a cute little Penguin pet, first seen on the Beta of Wrath of the Lich King, where players were sent this pet through the mail for participating of the Testing of the expansion. This is another pet I can expect to stop receiving in the future, as they aren't 100% plans to make sure everyone who merges accounts will be able to obtain it forever. (So brand new players may not obtain this pet)

Frosty the Frostwyrm Whelp: Obtained via buying the Collectors Edition of Wrath of the Lich King. For those who haven't seen Frosty, he's an Undead Whelp, which emanates a blue aura around it's body. Also makes a cool noise when clicked on :) Unfortunately, Blizzard reduced the size of the original version of Frosty, as it was HUGE! There is a Feat of Strength gained for having this in your bags!

Lil' K.T: Baby version of the infamous Kel'Thuzad of Naxxramas. This is one of the new pets purchased through the Blizzard Pet Store. Personal favorite of mine, solely due to being able to run about at level 7 with K.T, and hardly anyone of the level range actually knowing what the hell it's based on is sheer comedy ;D Getting this thing out resulted in about 4 different whispers within the hour of leveling my Paladin. Awesome stuff!

Grunty the Murloc Marine: Acquired, personally for me, through watching Blizzcon 2009 through the pay-per-view method. Thankfully Blizzard gave people who watched the event this pet even if you couldn't fly half way across the world, plus he's my first, and possibly last Murloc pet obtained! Only difference with this pet compared to the others is that it is Bind on Pick-up instead of Account, plus when you learn him, he disappears. This is something I worried about in the beginning as I didn't know if I would be able to get one for future Characters I could make. Here is proof though that they do get mailed for each character made in the future! There is a Feat of Strength gained for having this in your bags!

Pandaren Monk: Alongside Lil' K.T, this is an obtainable pet purchased through the Blizzard Pet Store. This guy is nuts, he fights, drinks and bows with some pretty crazy audio to go with it ;) Very cool pet, though not my favorite of the two on the Pet Store as of present. Also, when purchased from the release of the pet to the end of December '09, half of the proceeds go towards charity, all the more reason to purchase him I suppose ;D


So yeh, that's the list of pet's I receive at the moment with ever new character I make! Hopefully some more BoA mounts become available soon, much like the Blizzard Bear, though mailed ;D Mount Store anyone? :O

Zukiji signing off ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment